We are excited to introduce a novel research “marketplace” concept at VTE Dublin 2015. Instead of the conventional approach of presenting completed work at scientific conferences we hope to stimulate ideas about the future of VTE research. We want you to bring your ideas and concepts to Dublin. Investigators seeking clinical or scientific collaborators or industrial partners will have the opportunity to showcase in poster format their planned studies.
The aims are:
- To facilitate building of a network of scientific collaborations between national and international researchers at all stages of their careers
- To identify priority areas in translational and clinical research in the field of VTE
- To foster innovative collaborations between indigenous/ international industry stakeholders and scientific/medical researchers
- Emergency Medicine doctors in particular are encouraged to submit ED based clinical research, and may also suggest research topics independent from VTE as it is acknowledged that Emergency Department based research is challenging
How will this work?
- An area of posterboards will be specifically designated in a lounge area
- Applicants are invited to submit proposed studies where collaborators are sought which can be posted on the website if preferred
- Applicants also have the option of bringing along posters on the day
- Posters should be short and very precise (only bullet points) contact details are mandatory
- Please do not submit posters describing work that has already been completed! The aim is to stimulate collaboration for future work and to present ideas.
Further details on submission will follow soon.